Humidity Control for Sealed Packages and Containers
MIL-D-3464, TY I, II & III (Type I- General Use/Type II-Non-dusting/Type III-Durability)
Desiccants – General Information
To protect goods within a sealed moisture barrier package or container from moisture damage.
What are they?
Desiccant bags adsorb moisture, odors and chemicals to preserve and protect products. They range in size from 1/6 unit to 80 units (5 ½ grams to 2,640 grams) to protect any number of products, including semiconductors, electronics, cartons of food or even large machinery.
Why use them?
Whether in storage or transit, products in nearly every industry require protection from moisture. Rust, mildew, mold and an overall decrease in product efficacy are all common effects of moisture, costing millions in returned or unusable products each year.
Desiccant bags are packaged in DuPont Tyvek®, GDT-II or high-strength polyester rayon materials, all of which are strong, durable and meet FDQ specifications. Bags are available in the following configurations:
- DesiPak® – Bentonite clay (moisture adsorption)
- GetterPak® – Activated carbon (odor control)
- Sorb-It® – Silica gel (moisture adsorption)
- 2-in-1 Pak® – Silica gel or bentonite clay, with activated carbon (moisture and odor control)
- Tri-Sorb® – Molecular sieve
- Desi View® – Bentonite clay or silica gel, plus blue indicating gel
- Electronic components + Semiconductors + Military instruments, armaments
- Machine parts + Motors + Documents and paper storage + Museum archives + Batteries + Medical equipment + Safes + Optical devices
- Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals and Foods (FDA approved for direct contact)